Partnering with referring physicians to provide the finest in heart and vascular care
The internationally recognized Inova Heart and Vascular Institute provides patients with the highest level of heart and vascular healthcare available in the Washington, DC metro area. All of Inova's Northern Virginia hospitals are seamlessly and conveniently interconnected to our flagship facility on the Inova Fairfax Hospital campus. This assures your patients ease of access and multiple entry points to our full range of cardiac and vascular services.
General referrals: To refer a patient to Inova Heart and Vascular Institute or learn more about our program, call 703-776-5905.
Heart transplant: Members of the transplant team are available to speak with referring physicians 24 hours a day, seven days a week, through the center's patient referral numbers: 703-776-2986 or 888-677-1778. Heart transplant referrals may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Adult Congenital Heart Clinic: For more information, to make an appointment or refer a patient, please call 703-776-3599 (For Inova Fairfax Hospital referrals only)
Inova Heart and Vascular Institute offers:
- Fully dedicated cardiac care facility
- Hybrid operating room
- daVinci robotic surgical system
- Pediatric Cardiovascular Program
- Adult Congenital Heart Clinic
- Heart transplant program certified by the Center for Medicare/Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Heart health wellness education, online resources and ongoing support to sustain optimal health
In a cardiac emergency
Count on our medical and nursing staff to swiftly assess, intervene and treat. Our care teams at Inova Heart and Vascular Institute consistently surpass the national standard for treatment times for heart attacks. This level of care earned us the Joint Commission’s seal of approval for treatment of acute myocardial infarction (heart attacks). Our ST-elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) teams care for the most acute cardiac cases in the region, including transfers from other emergency departments.
National awards for services, treatments and results
- The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval™ for Congestive Heart Failure, Acute Myocardial Infarction and Left Ventricular Assist Devices
- Three-star designation from the Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- Beacon Award for excellence from the American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- Silver Award for successful outcomes from ACTION Registry®
Read more about Inova’s quality care: