Our care commitment to you
- Expert, local care from nationally recognized physicians in multiple Northern Virginia locations
- Treatment for chronic conditions delivered with expertise and compassion
- Heart health wellness education and online resources
- Ongoing support to sustain optimal health
Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval™ for stroke care
Certification as a Primary Stroke Center signifies that all five Inova hospitals have met the Joint Commission's rigorous standards to demonstrate that they provide the critical elements necessary to achieve long-term success in improving outcomes for stroke patients.
Certified ventricular assisted device (VAD) program
Inova Heart and Vascular Institute is the only hospital in the Northern Virginia area with a ventricular assisted device (VAD) program certified by The Joint Commission.
Our care and services support every stage of life. Inova pediatric cardiology services heal newborns and children in need of swift cardiac intervention. Adults requiring any one of dozens of different cardiac and vascular surgical procedures are in expert hands. Inova leads the way in advanced technology and skilled surgeons who have access to the latest in minimally invasive techniques and the full range of treatment options.
Our world-class specialists pioneered the effective use of the Maze procedure, 3-D echocardiology, electrophysiological mapping, ventricular-assist devices (VADs) and others.
Read patient testimonials
When seconds count
Count on our medical and nursing staff to swiftly assess, intervene and treat in a cardiac emergency. Our care teams at Inova Heart and Vascular Institute consistently surpass the national standard for treatment times for heart attack. This level of care earned us the Joint Commission’s seal of approval for treatment of stroke. Our ST-elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) teams care for the most acute cardiac cases in the region, including transfers from other emergency departments.
National awards for services, treatments and results
- The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval™ for Primary Stroke and Ventricular Assist Device
- Beacon Award for excellence from the American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- NCDR Action Registry Platinum Performance Achievement Award and a 4-star rating ACC/NCDR Cath/PCI from the American College of Cardiology (both are highest level of performance).
- Three-star cardiac ranking by the Society for Thoracic Surgeons (STS) – a hard-to-achieve clinical distinction for the qualities of Coronoary Artery Bypass Surgery and of Aortic Valve Replacement + CABG.
Read more about our quality care
Cardiology Outcomes Report