Inova Heart and Vascular minimally invasive surgery patients can expect less discomfort, faster recovery times and less visible scarring. Benefits of minimally invasive heart surgery include:
- Smaller incisions and less scarring
- Significantly reduced pain and impact on the body compared to traditional cardiac surgery
- Less tissue damage and blood loss
- A shorter hospital stay
- Faster healing and recovery
- Quicker return to work and daily activities
- Less post-operative pain and respiratory problems
Heart Valve Disease & Afib Risk Reduction
Not all patients are candidates for minimally invasive heart surgery. Patients who require more than one procedure (valve and bypass) are often better served with a traditional approach.
Your heart disease, diagnostic results, age and medical condition all play an important role in the type of valve surgery your surgeon recommends.
Inova Heart and Vascular Institute experience
Our experienced cardiologists and cardiac surgeons are proficient in the latest minimally invasive approaches. We were one of the first cardiac programs in the country to pioneer minimally invasive surgery for mitral valve repair.
Learn more about our extensive experience with minimally invasive